Monday, April 4, 2011

All I ever wanted… Was a real kiss!!!

All I ever wanted… at age 14… was a real kiss!
Nope, not a kiss from the guys in my class (who were boy friends but NOT my boyfriends, big difference at that age) not a kiss from mom or dad and not a wet, all over your cheek, kiss from grandma (although I loved those)! NO I was ready for my first real boy kisses girl, like in the movies, kiss!!!



Bastiaan & me Kissing!







Whenever a boy or girl from our class would have his or her birthday everybody would be invited to his or her birthday party and it would be lot's of fun but nothing too crazy. On this particular Friday evening my neighbor boy had his party and I was allowed to go! And I just knew this was gonna be my night!

All my girlie classmates had had their first “real” kiss, and yes by this I mean all the most popular girls (yes, peer pressure is everywhere even in The Netherlands) and I just desperately wanted to get it over with, so I could talk about “that” feeling and the of course, GORGEOUS boys, me and my girlfriends would be dreaming about!

This was a very special party because there would be boys out of the BIG city coming! Not the hillbilly boys that were my classmates, noooo REAL BOYS!!!

I had this in the pocket!

I put my best looking jeans on, stuffed some extra pads in my bra… (Yes, I know)… Gave my mom and dad a kiss and told them I would be home by eleven. My friend picked me up and with our bikes, as in bicycle, and we rode the half mile to my neighbors house.

The party was in full swing but they boys from the big city had not arrived yet… Good thing cause I needed to prepare. The big thing, or so my girlfriends told me was, if they boy in question would ask if I would like “to go out”, that meant he wanted to kiss me and I better put a piece of gum in my mouth if I wanted to make sure this was gonna be a good first kiss..

“Oke!”, I had it all under control…



Bastiaan & me almost kissing at the farm in the snow!













Finally the boys from the big city arrived! Two handsome blond guys and 3 dark haired, even more handsome guys. One of the dark haired guys was the captain of the soccer team and he, according to my girlfriends was "the one"! After some initial shy introductions i learned his name was Robbie, he was 15 and loved playing soccer.

The rest of the night I was pretty nervous, but I “slow danced” on Roxette, Toto and Duran Duran and even did some sitting on the couch discussing latest “best shows on TV ever” with Robbie. It was almost eleven and I was freaking out a bit because he hadn’t asked me “the thing” yet! Desperately I looked to my friend and she was just shaking her head… having an “I don’t know” look on her face.

At ten minutes to eleven I went outside to find my bike and figured this was not my night after all and tinkered with the lock. Robbie who followed me like a real gentleman, helped me and while we are standing there, he asks me; “do you wanna go out?”…

My response: “Hu? Why??? We are already outside???”
He was looking at me if I just landed on earth from another planet, and for a moment I thought I was…

And then IT hit me!!! He was asking me to do some kissing!!!

Oh, I was NOT prepared at all!!! First off; how could I respond after I asked this incredibly dumb question and second; I did not have any chewing gum!!! Anywhere!!!

He came closer and closer, took my hand…. Put his other hand on my back… and we kissed…

I still had one hand on my bike…



At our wedding day KISSING in front of our farm!






YUCK!!!! my gosh, all this slime…. And this tongue…. And this slime… YUCK!!! And why is he acting like our almost broken, clothes washing machine on spinning cycle with that tongue… YUCK!!!!

This was nothing like in the movies!?!
I think it lasted 3 minutes... Tops…

I grabbed my bike, hollered to my girlfriend to get her butt and bike and speeded away, home!

I never saw Robbie again, and it took quite some time before I ever wanted to kiss a boy again.


...

41 comments:

Hoosier Farm Babe said...

HAHAHA! Good story! :)

Unknown said...

LOVE it! I totally had a similar experience. I thought my girlfriends were crazy... I later learned differently though ;)

Larkrise garden girl said...

You started my day with a laugh! Thanks

Patrice said...

Funny story. Great pictures! I guess it turned out alright anyway!

Clint said...

Great story. I was too shy to kiss a girl when I was a teenager. I wanted to kiss a girl but I had no self confidence, so I was 18 before I got that first one....and she had to take the initiative. Your post brings back the memories.

BTW---he slipped you the tongue on the first one? Yowza.

Dawn said...

hehehe..I better let my 14 year old daughter read this;))
You're too funny:)
Love it! You made my Monday;)

Rae said...

You are so funny. That is a great story. I especially liked your photos. Such a lovely couple.

TexWisGirl said...

ha ha! i can SO relate! :)

Katie Olthoff said...

I LOVE reading your blog! Your stories are so funny! You need to write a book of memoirs - It would be a hit! Seriously!

Dreaming said...

What a fun post. I so would never want to be a tween or a teen again!!! Such angst!

MadSnapper said...

this is hilarious, i see you found the One for You.. and it appears he kisses just fine. love the story

Sharon said...

I had a comment, guess it went the way of all things.
Cute story, so similar to mine, I just had to laugh!

bon bon said...

too funny! and these are the sweetest photos! you two are so cute together!

i got kissed in kindergarten, so luckily, i got this stress out of the way early. ;o)

Diana Addington said...

I loved all of the photos and the story.. i remmber my first kiss. It was after band practice just moved to Tucson. the guy lived close to where i lived Mom and Dad got to know him. I thought he was so cool well any way when he took me home he leaned over and kissed me YES ON THE LIPS...WHAT A TRILL. I was on cloud 9 for weeks....lol

Oak Creek Ranch said...

hahahaha laughing here. Some guys are just AWFUL at kissing! I forgot about them but you brought some of those memories back. Yech!!

Unknown said...

You paint such a great story that we can all relate to. My first "grown-up" kiss was followed by about 5 minutes of serious teeth brushing! YUCK!!!! and Double YUCK! Your story made me smile!

Inger said...

I love the pictures and you know how to tell a good story. Right now I can't even remember my first kiss....something must be wrong with me. I have to think about this for a while.--Inger

Out on the prairie said...

Very nicely told tale, I enjoyed how it ended.

Julie said...

oh yuck!! I am so sorry that was your first kiss. funny story though. ;)

Jeanie said...

It sounds like "luck" was not with you when you got that first kiss. As bad as it was, I'm glad you got it instead of going home still wondering. I love how you just wanted to get your girlfriend and get out of there as fast as possible afterward.

Anonymous said...

you are such a good story teller! I love real life stories...and yours are always laced with humor! :) I'll admit, I'm 18 going on 19, and haven't had a "fist kiss." Probably because I used to love to beat up on boys! Oops! :D

Angela said...

Oh my! That sounded just awful! My first kiss was wonderful!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the slimy ones, yuk.

Farm Girl said...

I love the picture of you in your wedding gown on the farm in front of the fence. Just lovely.

Yvonne said...

Such a good story and I love the photos.

LBB said...

LOL! Live & learn right?!

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Great blog! Following from Monster Hop

Anonymous said...

LOL! Following you from the blog hop ... :0)

Lori Skoog said...

Could this be a sweeter story???? Great photographs too. That is some farm you have. Our youngest daughter got married on our farm...it was like a dream wedding (as you must know).

Judy said...

That could totally describe my first kiss. I worshiped that boy from afar, and when he finally kissed me, that kiss totally cured me of any more worshiping of him.
Happy to say a couple of years later when I met the guy I eventually married, our first kiss was nothing like my first. His kiss was just like in the movies ;) It's too bad his had to be my second ;0

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Very cute description of your first experience with playing tonsil hockey!
Too cute.
I remember my first kiss too.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm a former dairy farmer's wife. I loved my "girls"!

Anonymous said...

Grrreat story! =)

Shelly said...

Hey there! Following you from the monster blog hop! Love the blog!! What a funny story Stopping by to say hi. I hope you will come by and follow back:)

http://myowngrocerygame.blogspot.com/

http://myowngrocerygame.blogspot.com/

http://firebutterflyjewels.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

Found you through the Middle Matters Blog Hop. Am your newest follower.

Would love if you'd come by and follow me at www.decoratingdiy.blogspot.com

Kristen
Turning a House into a Home

BrendaC said...

I am your newest GFC follower from the Monster hop and would love if you dropped by my blog at WV Stitcher when you get a chance. Have a great week.

Style, Decor & More said...

Very cute post!
I'm a new follower from the hop!
Hope you can hop by and visit me:

http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

Katrina said...

Yep, pretty much describes my first kiss as well. Thanks for bring this 41 year old back in time :)

Great post! Love your humor. And congrats on beating cancer - you ROCK!

I saw your link on The Middle Matters blog hop - thought I'd come over to say hello. I'm a new follower:)

Katrina
www.theyallcallmemom.com

Becca @Becca's Perspective said...

I’m a new follower from the blog hop!

Please stop by and check out my blog, Becca's Perspective
when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Becca
Becca's Perspective

Buttons Thoughts said...

I love your stories they are so funny. Poor Robbie you probably broke his heart. B

Unknown said...

Loved your story, I am a new follower.
http://www.couponsavingsinthesouth.com/

Katherines Corner said...

sweet post, thank for the giggles too.Hoping your weekend is a happy one. Hugs, Katherine